Effective Date: September 5, 2023
Table of Contents
- The Information We Collect About You
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Do Not Track
- Ad Networks, Personalized Advertising, Remarketing & Retargeting
- Accuracy and Security of My Personal Information
- Retention of and Access to My Personal Information
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Communications?
- Children Under 13
- Contact Us
- Changes to this Policy
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site, App, or Services. You can visit the Site and use the App and Services without submitting your personal information to us, but you will be required to provide your personal information in order to use or access other tools and features of our Services.
Information We Collect Directly from You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services.
- To create an account, you must provide your name, email address, phone number, and a password for your account. We also may collect additional information from you for your user profile, including height, weight, gender, and your birthday.
- If you make a purchase through the Services, we will collect information about your purchase and your payment information, such as your credit or debit card information and your billing and shipping address.
- If you subscribe to our mailing list or newsletters, we will collect your name and email address.
- If you contact us or request information from us through the Services, we will collect your name, contact information, and your communications with us.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site and Apps through various technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. This information is gathered without the user actively providing it or being concurrently made aware of the collection. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. The suppliers that we use to provide the Site and the App may collect information about your visits to the Site and other websites and use of the App. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. We and our suppliers also may use tools that allow us to monitor how you navigate the Site, App, and Services, such as how you move your cursor or where you enter text (without seeing the actual text you enter) to help us improve the Site, App, and Services and to identify and diagnose bugs. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Information We Automatically Collect Through the Site:
- Domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages or products you view or content you access on the Site or Services; links you click on the Site or Services;
- your device’s IP address and related data, including your Internet service provider (ISP), device ID numbers and unique identifiers, media access control (MAC) address, and computer screen resolution;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services, date and time stamps and clickstream data;
- your approximate geographic location;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; and
- performance statistics and usage data.
Information We Automatically Collect Through the App:
- Mobile device ID; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version;
- device language settings;
- activities within the App, including content and products you view and playlists you create; and the length of time that you are logged into our App.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
Service Provisioning/Transactional Purposes:
- To provide our Services to you.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services; to fulfill your orders, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to provide access to products and/or content that you have purchased or licensed from us, to provide personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while visiting or using the Services.
Marketing Communications: In accordance with applicable laws, we may use your information:
- To send you marketing communications about our Services and other offerings.
- To send you news, newsletters, and event information.
- To send you marketing communications about products and services of our affiliated entities.
- To send you marketing communications about products and services of other entities that we think may be of interest to you. If you are interested in these entities’ products and services, you may provide your information directly to the appropriate entity.
Advertising and Promotions:
- To assist us in determining relevant advertising content and media (whether on the Services or on non-affiliated websites and media) and to create lookalike and Custom Audiences for our advertising campaigns.
- To evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- See also the Ad Networks section discussed below for information about online advertising.
- To administer our customer loyalty program.
Sites, Apps, and Services Improvement/Research:
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Services are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information to update or add new features to our Services. We may also use feedback provided by users to update our Services or develop new offerings.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for customer engagement, market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- To create aggregated, anonymized, pseudonymized or de-identified data sets. We may use such data sets for product improvement and development, marketing, advertising, trend analysis and other purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations and act in accordance with legal authorizations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, including to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements, authenticating your identity, maintaining our records, to monitor your compliance with your agreements with us, to collect debts owed to us, to safeguard our business interests, and to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition or merger, as described below.
- For other purposes we may inform you about from time to time. Where required by applicable laws and regulations, we will obtain your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes requiring such consent.
- Opting in to receive SMS updates means you agree to receive marketing text messages (such as promotion codes and cart reminders) from Rudis at the number provided. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies. You can unsubscribe at any time by replying STOP or clicking the unsubscribe link (where available) in one of our messages.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include our hosting provider for the Services, our payment processor(s), and delivery services to fulfill your orders.
- Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Policy.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, law enforcement request, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may aggregate personal information, user-generated content, and other Collected Information and use that aggregate data for our business purposes. We may also share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, App, and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site, App, and Service. A cookie can either be a session cookie or a persistent cookie.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site, App, and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site, App, and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
The types of information collected by a cookie and the purposes for which that information is used depends on the type of cookie. By way of illustration, the types of cookies used, the types of information collected by those cookies, and the purposes for which the information is used are described below:
- Operationally Necessary Cookies (also called essential cookies). These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. For example, these cookies are required to identify irregular Site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, and improve security. They also allow users of the Site to make use of its functions. Without these cookies, features and services you have requested will not be able to be provided.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using the Site. This may include to remembering choices you make, for example, remembering your preferences or settings, remembering if you reacted to something on or through the Site so that you are not asked to react to it again, remembering if you have used any feature of the Site before, remembering your username or preferences, remembering if you have used any feature of the Site before, restricting the number of times you are shown a particular advertisement, and enabling social media components. If functional cookies are disabled, various functions of the Site may be unavailable to you or may not work the way you want them to.
- Performance Cookies (also called analytical cookies). These cookies assess the performance of the Site, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how visitors use and interact with the Site, for example, which pages on our Sites users visit most often. These cookies also enable us to personalize content and remember your preferences. These cookies help us improve the way our Sites work and provide a better, personalized user experience.
- Advertising or Targeted Cookies. These cookies record your visits to the Site, the pages you visit on our Sites, and the links you have clicked. They gather information about your browsing habits and remember that you have visited a particular Site. Heat Initiative and its third-party advertising platforms or networks may use this information to make the Site and its content more relevant to your interests (this is sometimes called “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising and is further discussed above). These cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. To find out more about interest-based ads and your choices, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Europe, http://www.allaboutcookies.org, and http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to or users of our Site, App, and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, App, and Services, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and application pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of visitors and users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Services usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
RUDIS is active on social media. You may have the opportunity to comment on those social media platforms regarding RUDIS and the products and services we offer and/or to submit or upload related photographs and other materials. RUDIS reserves the right to post on the Site, other websites, and social media pages any comments, photographs, or content that you post on our social media pages or provide to us through social media.
Embedded Content. The Site incorporates content, including feeds, scripts embedded in the Site’s code, and visible content (e.g., videos), provided by third parties. In some cases, those third parties collect data about how you interact with their content. For example, YouTube (discussed in more detail below).
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Ad Network section.
Ad Networks, Personalized Advertising, Remarketing & Retargeting
Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of web browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of our Sites and other websites, the location of your Internet service provider, the date and time of a visit to a website, and other interactions between you and a website.
We may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Facebook Custom Audiences (for more information on Facebook Custom Audience go here or to opt-out, go to the Facebook ad preferences page)—so that we can better target ads and content to you and others with similar interests on other websites or media (“Custom Audiences”). We may also work with other ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. You may also control how Facebook and other ad networks display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described below.
We may use Google Tag Manager to better understand who is using the Service, how people are using it, and to improve advertising. Please see https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/ for more information about how Google Tag Manager uses this information.
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members. App users may also download the AppChoices tool to manage interest-based advertising on their mobile device.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Please remember that changing your settings with individual web browsers or ad networks will not necessarily carry over to other browsers or ad networks. As a result, depending on the opt-outs you request, you may still see our ads from time to time. Your device may also include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes.
Our Services may contain links to non-affiliated websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
Accuracy and Security of My Personal Information
Personal data you provide to us should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up to date.
We have implemented reasonable and appropriate technical, physical, and organizational procedures and security measures designed to protect the personal information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the cost of implementing such measures commensurate with the risks posed by the particular type of processing, the nature of the personal information and in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of Collected Information.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Retention of and Access to My Personal Information
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Communications?
In accordance with applicable law, we will send periodic promotional communications to you if you sign up or otherwise provide your email address to us. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the communication, or if you have opted-in to our promotional text messages, replying STOP. You may also opt-out of such communications by using the contact information provided below under the heading “Contact Us.” We will process opt-out requests in accordance with applicable law. If you opt-out of receiving promotional communications about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you communications about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. App users may enable or disable push notifications by adjusting their App or device settings.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems. We do not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 though the Services.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and App, and all updates will be effective immediately upon such posting. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we collect via the Services, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and App or otherwise communicating the change to you.